Manpower Client Inabelec is established by two international giants, Elecnor and Inabensa (Abengoa), which specialize in executing transmission, concession and infrastructure projects all over the world.
This consortium has won one of the strategic projects of the national state-owned company Lithuanian Railways for the coming years, valued at more than 350 million euros. This project completes the electrification of Corridor IX-B, which will allow the circulation of electric trains from the border with Belarus to the port of Klaipėda. This is one of the main axes for the movement of goods in the Baltic countries and a key strategic objective for the development of the railway sector in Lithuania. We are looking for professionals to join Manpower Client and become a part of this significant long-term journey.
Health & Environment & Safety Manager
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Prepare and implement policies and programs to establish a culture of health, environment and safety (HES);
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards (including ISO 45001 and ISO 14001);
• Develop and execute HES plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines, including the development of a HES legal requirements and the legal compliance matrix;
• Continuously evaluate and improve practices, procedures and facilities to assess and reduce risks for the benefit of employees and contractors;
• Prepare and conduct training and presentations for HES matters and accident prevention;
• Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions;
• Lead accident or mishap investigations to identify causes and recommend improvement opportunities and new prevention measures;
• Report on HES awareness, issues and statistics through key performance indicators and other analytical tools;
• Visit work areas to conduct HES audits on personnel, equipment, materials and adherence to work requirements;
• Organize, facilitate and report on meetings that focus on specific HES issues including regular Employee Safety Committee meetings;
• Manage and facilitate HES programs such as New-Hire training and contractor Safety Orientation;
• Manage site safety equipment needs and requirements;
• Recognize unsafe conditions, environmental or health hazards and take the necessary steps to protect the public, employees, contractors and the environment;
• Develop and comply with the assigned safety budget;
• Assist employees and crews in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project;
• Provide injury care for employees;
• Manage the drug & alcohol program, where applicable;
• Ensure that fire systems and firefighting equipment are maintained in proper working condition when online. Perform periodic maintenance and certification of fire protection systems;
• On a continuous basis maintain knowledge of country and local regulations, statutes, orders and standards.
• 5-7 years of field experience in the construction industry, ideally in the railway sector, which includes direct responsibility for safety, risk control and industrial hygiene for large construction projects;
• Proficiency in specific HES regulations;
• Trainings on ISO 45001 & ISO 14001;
• Other trainings and certificates are an advantage.
Suggested monthly salary range: EUR 3000 – 4200 gross
If you have any questions, call us on: +370 6 739 0 737